The Following is a copy of our Complaint Handling Protocol as it has been filed with the Financial Service Regulatory Authority of Ontario.
1. The "Company Complaint Officer" (as filed with FSRA) is Robert Pearson.
2. To activate the company's complaint handling process; a policyholder(s) must provide a description of his or her complaint to the company in writing.
3. Letters of complaint will be reviewed by the "Company Complaint Officer" or his/her alternate within five (5) business days of being received at the company.
4. The "Company Complaint Officer" will consult with appropriate staff representatives and send the policyholder a letter outlining the company's final position within sixty (60) days of the "Company Compliant Officer" review of the letter of compliant.
5. Our goal as a policyholder-owned, purely mutual company is to treat policyholders in a fair, courteous and timely manner. Time lines mentioned above are minimum standards.
6. This Compliant Handling Protocol does not apply to any situation involving litigation by the insured against the company or where the insured has retained legal assistance in the regard.
7. Complainants who have unresolved complaints will be advised how to contact the Office of the Insurance Ombudsman.
Financial Service Regulatory Authority of Ontario
5160 Yonge Street, 16th Floor
Toll free: 1-800-668-0128
Online Complaint submission link: https://www.fsrao.ca/ask-question-file-complaint-or-report-fraud